Saturday 23 May 2009

62. My Race for Life


It's here..tomorrow..Race for Life fundraising 5k for Cancer Research UK. I've raised over £600 so far. Tomorrow will be hard last time it reduced me to tears seeing all those women doing something in memory of people who have died horrible deaths from cancer. This time I am not alone - there will be 10 of us with a long list of In Memory Ofs pinned to our backs. As a group I hope we raise some awareness about hereditary cancer and about BRCA Umbrella the support and social network I set up back in February.

I am excited to finally meet with Lisa, Susanne, Flo, Rian, Michelle and Elaine. I am proud of what we are doing and that I am not alone. I feel better for knowing that I shared my journey through all these hard, life altering decisions about surgery, feelings and life with these women. (Karen, Rhonda, Karen and Amy - I wish you were joining us!! xx)

So, to double check my packing, get some fuel, start my journey to Birmingham.

It's going to be a long day. I have to drive 4 hours in total and tomorrow I have to do my Race for Life..9 weeks post surgery. Whew!

Thank you to everyone who has sponsored me, your messages, your kindness. Thank you for caring about me and about my cause.

Time to go..time to leave :D

0 comments:

Tags